Job Resources for Teens
Finding a job can be hard, but knowing the laws behind working can be even harder. Myfirstpaycheck.com is here to help.
While every state has slightly similar regulations, the following are some links from the federal department of labor that provide a good overview.
Check them out for more information, and remember you don’t have to stay in a job that makes you feel uncomfortable or work for a boss that makes you feel uneasy.
The following laws are meant to protect you. Make sure you know your rights.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): General overview and help Navigating DOL Laws and Regulations
- Youth in the Workplace: More specific information regarding child labor regulations and helpful shortcuts.
- YouthRules! This department of Labor’s initiative seeks to promote positive and safe work experiences for young workers.
More specific subtopics for further investigation:
- Age Requirements
- Agricultural Employment
- Child Labor Statistics
- DOL Kids’ Pages
- Door-to-door Sales
- Employment by Parents
- Employment & Training Resources
- Entertainment Industry Employment
- Exemptions to the FLSA
- Hazardous Jobs
- International Child Labor
- Newspaper Delivery
- Nonagricultural Employment
- Posting Requirements
- Resources for Educators
- Resources for Parents of Young Workers
- Resources for Young Workers
- Safety & Health
- State Labor Laws
- Work Hours
- Work Permits/Age Certificates
721 total views, 4 today